These sources were used to develop the Genetics Home Reference summary for the ATP gene family.
- Pedersen PL. Transport ATPases into the year 2008: a brief overview related to types, structures, functions and roles in health and disease. J Bioenerg Biomembr. 2007 Dec;39(5-6):349-55. doi: 10.1007/s10863-007-9123-9. Review. PubMed citation
- Dunbar LA, Caplan MJ. Ion pumps in polarized cells: sorting and regulation of the Na+, K+- and H+, K+-ATPases. J Biol Chem. 2001 Aug 10;276(32):29617-20. Epub 2001 Jun 12. Review. PubMed citation
- Davidson AL, Maloney PC. ABC transporters: how small machines do a big job. Trends Microbiol. 2007 Oct;15(10):448-55. Epub 2007 Oct 24. Review. PubMed citation
- Apell HJ. How do P-type ATPases transport ions? Bioelectrochemistry. 2004 Jun;63(1-2):149-56. Review. PubMed citation
- Pierre SV, Xie Z. The Na,K-ATPase receptor complex: its organization and membership. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2006;46(3):303-16. Review. PubMed citation
- Basic Neurochemistry (sixth edition, 1999): Membrane-transport processes store energy, whereas channel-mediated processes dissipate energy
- Biochemistry (fifth edition, 2002): A Family of Membrane Proteins Uses ATP Hydrolysis to Pump Ions Across Membranes