- genetic regulatory element
- regulator regions, nucleic acid
- regulatory regions
- Nucleic acid sequences involved in regulating the expression of genes.
Definition from: MeSH via Unified Medical Language System at the National Library of Medicine
- Binding sites on DNA for proteins that control genetic events; compare with structural gene and regulatory gene.
Definition from: CRISP Thesaurus via Unified Medical Language System at the National Library of Medicine
- A DNA base sequence that controls gene expression.
Definition from: Office of Rare Diseases
at the National Institutes of Health
Related discussion in the Handbook
See also Understanding Medical Terminology.